Earlier the officials of CBSE have introduced Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) Exam Pattern in the year 2008 and this CBSE exam pattern continued till now. During the 2019 board exams, the internal assessment was 20 percent of the total marks and Science and Arts subjects will carry the same weight.
- CBSE New Exam Pattern For Class 10: CBSE Internal Assesment
The total marks for internal assessment are 20 and it is divided into 4 divisions:
1) Periodic Test – 5 Marks: There will be a total of 3 Periodic Tests conducted for each subject. Out of 3 Periodic Tests, an average of two tests will be taken for final submission. The Period Test carries 5 marks out of the 20 marks for internal assessment.
2) Multiple Assesment – 5 Marks: Apart from the Periodic Tests, the CBSE has given authority to the School officials to conduct assessments in other modes depending on the subject. Multiple Assessment includes Oral Test, Group/Individual Assesment, Maps, Graphics, Activities, Assignments, etc.,
3) Portfolio – 5 Marks: It consists of the work done by the student and includes the efforts, progress, growth, achievements of the student. The portfolio includes the following elements based on which the student will be assessed:
- Design of the work: This includes neatness, visual appeal, and creativity
- Completion of guided work focused on specific curricular objectives
- Student’s knowledge
- Formation of all relevant work (Completeness)
4) Subject Enrichment Activities – 5 Marks: This carries another 5 marks and assesses the practical, project works and language skills of a student. The subject improvement activity is different for different subjects. For example, for language subjects, the listening, speaking skills, vocabulary will be assessed whereas for Maths and Science the practical works will be examined. For a subject like Social Science, some relevant project work like a map will be evaluated.
- CBSE New Exam Pattern For Class 10: CBSE Objective Type Questions
25% objective type questions in all subjects. Out of 80 marks, 20 marks will be assigned to objective type questions (Multiple Choice Questions, Fill in the Blanks, etc). Subjective questions where students need to write a detailed answer will carry only 60 marks.
- CBSE New Exam Pattern For Class 10: CBSE Internal Choice In Question Paper
The officials of CBSE have introduced internal choice in question papers. Students will find 33% internal choice in all the sections of the question papers of all subjects. Thus, students will have enough options to choose from. This will help them to answer the questions that they know better
- CBSE New Exam Pattern For Class 10 Maths
|The question paper consists of 40 questions divided into four sections|
A, B, C & D.
i. Section A comprises 20 questions of 1 mark each.
ii. Section B comprises 6 questions of 2 marks each.
iii. Section C comprises 8 questions of 3 marks each.
iv. Section D comprises 6 questions of 4 marks each.
There is no overall choice. However internal choices have been provided in two questions of 1 mark each, two questions of 2 marks each, three questions of 3 marks each and three questions of 4 marks each. Candidates must attempt only one of the alternatives in all such questions.
Apart from this, the board has introduced two levels of Mathematics exam for students of Class 10. – Standard and Basic Mathematics. The existing syllabus for Mathematics will be known as Standard syllabus while the easier syllabus will be known as Basic. Students can opt for Basic Mathematics exam as it will be easier than the Standard Mathematics. But students who choose Basic Mathematics will not be able to choose Mathematics subject in their higher studies.
- CBSE New Exam Pattern For Class 10 Social Science
|i. Questions from serial number 1 to 20 are objective type questions. Each question carries one mark. Answer them as instructed.|
ii. Questions from serial number 21 to 28 are 3 marks questions. The answer to each of these questions should not exceed 80 words.
iii. Questions from serial number 29 to 34 are 5 marks questions. The answer to these questions should not exceed 120 words each.
iv. Question number 35 is a map question of 6 marks with two parts – 35 a. from History (2 marks) and 35 b. from Geography (4 marks)
The question paper has 35 questions in all. Internal choice is given in each section.
- CBSE New Exam Pattern For Class 10 Science
|i. All questions in Section A are one-mark questions comprising MCQ, VSA type and assertion-reason type questions. They are to be answered in one word or in one sentence.|
ii. All questions in Section B are three-mark, short-answer type questions. These are to be answered in about 50 – 60 words each.
iii. All questions in Section C are five-mark, long-answer type questions. These are to be answered in about 80 – 90 words each.
This question paper consists of a total of 30 questions. Internal choice is given in each section.
- CBSE New Exam Pattern For Class 10 Language Subjects
|80 Marks Theory Exam20 Marks Internal Assessment|
- CBSE New Exam Pattern For Class 12: 33% Internal Choices
CBSE already introduced more number of internal choices in 2019 Board Exams. Along with this, the board has increased the internal choices by 33%. So now the students have enough of choices which, in turn, will help students score good marks.
- CBSE New Exam Pattern For Class 12: 25% Objective Type Questions
With the introduction of 25% of objective type questions (MCQs, Fill in the Blanks, Assertion-Reason) in all subjects, students can easily score good marks. This will definitely help students improve their scores in exams and lessen the burden of writing a lengthy paper. Also, this helps students to dedicate their time in writing the theory part easily.
- CBSE New Exam Pattern For Class 12: CBSE Internal Assesment
According to the new exam pattern, all subjects will have 20% weightage given to internal assessment. The internal assessment process is as follows
|Sections||Internal Assessment Mark Distribution|
|Periodic Test||5 Marks|
|Multiple Assesment||5 Marks|
|Subject Enrichment Activities||5 Marks|
- Subject-wise CBSE New Exam Pattern For Class 12
The CBSE New Exam Pattern for each subject is as under:
CBSE New Pattern For Class 12 Maths
|Sections||Questions – Marks||Internal Choices|
|Section A||20 Questions – 1 mark each||3 Questions|
|Section B||6 Questions – 2 mark each||2 Questions|
|Section C||6 Questions – 4 mark each||2 Questions|
|Section D||4 Questions – 6 marks each||2 Questions|
CBSE New Pattern For Class 12 Political Science
|Sections||Questions – Marks|
|Section A||Question 1 to 20 – 1 mark each|
|Section B||Question 21 to 23 – 2 mark each|
|Section C||Question 24 to 27 – 4 mark each|
|Section D||Question 28 to 30 – 5 marks each|
|Section E||Question 31 – Map Based Questions|
|Section F||Question 32 to 34 – 6 marks each|
CBSE New Exam Pattern For Class 12 Biology
|i. Section A contains question numbers 1 to 5, multiple-choice questions of one mark each.|
ii. Section B contains question numbers 6 to 12, short answer type I questions of two marks each.
iii. Section C contains question numbers 13 to 21, short answer type II questions of three marks each
iv. Section D contains question number 22 to 24, case-based short answer type questions of three marks each.
v. Section E contains question numbers 25 to 27, long answer type questions of five marks each.
There are a total of 27 questions and five sections in the question paper. There is no overall choice in the question paper. However, internal choices are provided in two questions of one mark, one question of two marks, two questions of three marks and all three questions of five marks. An examinee is to attempt any one of the questions out of the two given in the question paper with the same question number.
CBSE New Exam Pattern For Class 12 Physics
| There are 37 questions in all.|
i. Section A contains twenty questions of one mark each
ii. Section B contains seven questions of two marks each
iii. Section C contains seven questions of three marks each
iv. Section D contains three questions of five marks each
There is no overall choice. However, internal choices have been provided in two questions of one mark each, two questions of two marks, one question of three marks and three questions of five marks weightage.
CBSE New Exam Pattern For Class12 Chemistry
|i. Section A comprises question number 1 to 20 which are very short answer questions (objective type) and carry 1 mark each.|
ii. Section B comprises question numbers 21 to 27 which are short answer questions and carry 2 marks each.
iii. Section C comprises question numbers 28 to 34 which are long answer questions and carry 3 marks each.
iv. Section D comprises question numbers 35 to 37 which are also long answer questions and carry 5 marks each.
There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in two questions of two marks, two questions of three marks and all the three questions of five marks weightage. You have to attempt only one of the choices in such questions.
CBSE New Exam Pattern For Class 12 For Language Papers
|i. Internal choices provided|
ii. Internal Assessment is conducted for 20 marks
iii. Total marks of the exam are 80